Yoga Therapy is a system of practices tailored to the individual’s health condition and needs. This holistic approach promotes health and well being on a physical, mental and emotional level. Yoga Therapy can utilize any of the following; movement, postures, breathing/pranayama, sound, visualization, meditation, cleansing practices/kriyas, relaxation and mindfulness. Yoga Therapy is a client centered approach which allows the person to be an active participant in their own journey of recovery and healing.
True healing starts when you begin to discover your true inner nature, when you start to become more conscious. No one can do this for you, only you have the key to unlock the doors BUT yoga therapy can guide you on this journey.
Some common ailments and conditions that yoga therapy can help manage and treat are;
- muscular pain & tightness
- chronic constipation and digestive disorders
- stress management and adrenal fatigue
- anxiety, depression and negative mental patterns
- high blood pressure/hypertension
- respiratory disorders (e.g. shallow or chest breathing, asthma, COPD),
- back pain and spinal/disc injury,
- disrupted sleep and insomnia,
- chronic diseases such as cancer, arthritis, chronic fatigue, MS
Matt specializes in the areas of; excessive thinking, critical/negative thinking and addiction treatment and recovery through mindfulness.
Matt is more than happy to discuss with you how yoga therapy can help you, particularly if you have a specific condition or health issue call Matt on M: 0430008293 or email .
Matt does this work from the Bamboo Yoga School, Byron Bay.