Yoga Therapy is a personalized approach to improve your health & well being. It is a system of practices specifically tailored to suite the individual’s health condition and needs. This holistic approach considers and promotes health and well being on a physical, mental and emotional level. Yoga Therapy can utilise any of the following; movement, postures, breathing/pranayama, sound, visualization, meditation, cleansing practices/kriyas, relaxation and mindfulness. Yoga Therapy is a client centered approach which allows the person to be an active participant in their own journey of recovery and/or healing.
Matt is an accredited Yoga Therapists which has given him advanced yoga and medical training and a framework to work one-on-one with people which maximizes the benefits and healing potential.
Some common ailments and conditions that yoga therapy can help treat or be used as a Complimentary Therapy are;
- muscular pain, tightness and chronic injuries
- posture correction
- chronic fatigue, insomnia, waking during the night
- chronic constipation and digestive disorders e.g. IBS, reflux, Crohn’s disease etc
- stress management
- anxiety, depression and negative mental patterns, critical thinking
- high blood pressure/hypertension
- respiratory disorders (e.g. shallow or chest breathing, asthma, COPD),
- back pain and spinal/disc injury
- compulsive and addictive behaviors, eating disorders
- cancer treatment (pre & post operative, during chemo, in remission)
- chronic diseases such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, MS, Parkinson’s
Matt specializes in the following areas; shoulder and back/spinal injuries, busy mind/excessive thinking, critical/negative thinking, addiction treatment and anxiety.
Matt is more than happy to discuss with you how yoga therapy can help you, particularly if you have a specific condition or health issue.